sexta-feira, 13 de novembro de 2009

Artigo: The Independent - "My fantasy band: Tori Amos"

Interview by Gillian Orr
Friday, 13 November 2009

Vocals - Janis Joplin

I want the band to be fronted by a woman and Janis was one of the great female blues singers. She had a voice that could handle a very powerful band.

Guitar - Stevie Ray Vaughn

His work is really difficult for guitar players to play. Some blues guitarists are acoustic driven, he's an electric player. Every guitarist that I've met sights him as a huge influence.

Bass - Bootsy Collins

Because Janis is a blues singer and John is such a great rock drummer I thought I needed to get somebody who could do both, so I went to the funk side of things and have chosen Bootsy Collins on bass. He had attitude.

Drums - John Bonham

It's the way the guy hits the drums, it's impossible to recreate. I listened to all of Led Zeppelin's records growing up, it drove my father crazy. He thought they needed an exorcism. As a young girl I listened to them religiously.

Keyboards - Billy Preston

He had his own career, but he also played with The Beatles so he could play any style of music. We need a keyboard player who understood the blues and would be able to work with a bassist and a guitarist that were pretty central to the music.

Tori Amos' new album, Midwinter Graces, is out on Monday on Island Records.

Fonte: The Independent

Um comentário:

Mariela disse...

é.. ela mandou bem na banda XD